Friday, May 23, 2008


A few more postcards almost ready . . . still have to do the edges of some of them and trying to decide whether or not to put ribbon or rickrack there . . . someday I'm going to spend some time practicing this whole stippling thing. I think it's just that I don't want to "waste" fabric or batting or time. But when I'm trying to go around the embroidery and then the machine vibrates off the edge of the table while I'm stitching (which really happened several times before I realized that the tablecloth under it was responsible) it's just not going to be good. However, these will go to folks who will enjoy the fact that they're homemade and who won't be persnickety about the details.

Last night was the first high school graduation at our Christian school, which is pre-K through 12. (This is just our eighth year of existence!) It was a great and wonderful time. Because the school is a ministry of our small church family, we've been involved from the beginning. Evan was on the Board for a long time, and I've been on the Board for the past 3 years. (first and only woman there, too!) Last night was an exciting and also humbling experience. (our colors are purple and gold - notice the purple font????)
And here's my favorite teacher . . . teehee - our daughter Beth!

Some of the teachers lining up just before the procession into the gym . . . these are some of the greatest folks in the world


Adjustments, always adjustments . . .




Beth has a minor in music and has directed the chorus this past year, so she was asked to lead some of the kids in singing a special song. It made her really nervous since she's never actually had conducting classes, but she did a great job.





All in all, a wonderful evening full of both memories and anticipation.
Blessings and gratitudes: all the wonderful blessings God showers on us, with the school being especially on my mind right now, wonderful husband and daughter and son-in-law, a beautiful sunny day that I'm at home and the ability to take the day off before a long weekend to get a real break

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I Love the cards....I've never played with ric rack. Great job. We've got graduation this weekend too. Thanks for sharing the photos.