Sunday, May 18, 2008

beautiful spring!

Aren't these geraniums gorgeous? Actually, you can only see one of the big ones and the edge of the other one in this picture...my friend Erin gave me 2 HUGE beautiful ones for doing some embroidery blocks for her and her girls for a family baby quilt.....quite a thank-you!!! These are truly the largest and most perfect geraniums I have ever seen - they should be entered in some sort of show or contest!

And I ALWAYS have to have some purple petunias on the porch - I love the color and most of all the sweet fragrance. My friends the hummers like them, too. When I walk out the front door, the smells just grab me and give intense pleasure . . . pleasure of the present and pleasure of the evocations of wonderful past times as well. These are in a hanging basket and I've got some in window boxes on the porch floor as well.

This old-fashioned multiflora rose is on the hill above the kitchen and just hums with all its bee visitors. It also must be home to lots of cardinals, because earlier in the year I could look out in the mornings and see anywhere from 6 to 9 male cardinals perched in its branches with several females scattered about between them.

and here is a bit of honeysuckle that lends its own distinctive fragrance to the air . . .




and, of course, the mock-orange . . .




This is an incredibly beautiful spring in southern middle Tennessee . . . I hope you are enjoying your own reminder of fresh beginnings and growth . . .

God has blessed us with a wonderful place in which to live.

Blessed be the name of the Lord from this time forth and forever.



1 comment:

StitchinByTheLake said...

Beautiful flowers and beautiful scenery on your previous blog! I love the antique quilt, but quilts are an addiction for me. I have a couple of really ragged ones that my grandmothers made and I wouldn't trade them for a million dollars.