Saturday, May 17, 2008

Back to a little quilty stuff

Here's a portion of my flea market quilt showing the little square in a square blocks. Notice how the red strip is going different ways - I'm guessing scraps were used according to their size with little regard for design. Those triangles are TINY!
And I just love the way some blocks seem to be somewhat planned and some blocks seem to be quite spontaneous.
There is more blue (with the white) than any other color, but there's even some yellow.
I'm not at all sure I'm going to be able to cut this quilt!






It's just too cool! And I just love the whole scrappy thing going on. I can imagine all sorts of scrap scenarios and winter times when any kind of quilt was desperately needed and family members remembering their flour sack or shirt or apron or pajamas when they saw their quilt . . .

And, for a completely different quilt -

here's the memorial quilt I mentioned months ago - the daughter of one of our nurses was killed in an auto accident and folks at the clinic from doctors to nurses to clerical staff wrote on blocks for a quilt for Rhonda, the mother. There are Bible verses in the middle and some folks quoted or made reference to verses in their blocks also. I've got to do some embroidery flowers in the borders of the central verse section. At the bottom are pictures of Stephanie, the girl who was killed, and also a packet of red KoolAid - because she started the girls in band at the high school here (inclduing my daughter) on the adventure of coloring their hair (very temporarily and just for fun for ballgames). It was such a hoot - I videoed girls who came to our house before the games to color their hair and threatened blackmail to them until one of them laughed and reminded me that I was allowing this and helping this and that the blackmail would probably backfire! And it was all such a huge joke - I mean, girls putting KoolAid on their hair being bad?? This when kids are drinking and doing drugs and sex and getting tattoes?????? One shampoo and it's gone?? C'mon!
Here's the block done by her doctor . . . Paul....RDM is also one of our docs...also Linda...etc...











and here is the bottom with a picture of Stephanie and of a red KoolAid package

Gratitudes...I'm thankful for....

sunshine

friends

love

Blogger HELP section that let me know how to work with images to be expanded!



No comments: