Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Inch by inch...row by row....(Pete Seeger if you're old enough!)

Continuing on . . . "inch by inch.....etc....we've got to make this garden grow..." Anybody old enough to remember Pete Seeger of the Weavers as well as the writer of classic "protest" songs like "If I Had a Hammer" and "Where Have All the Flowers Gone?" and "Turn, Turn, Turn" and countless others?????

Anyway...so the journeys continue....inch by inch...step by step....life journeys, quilting journeys, spiritual journeys, crafting journeys....

We had a GREAT weekend in middle Tennessee...I mowed and mowed over our rough ground and was thankful to be able to do so in spite of the pain. Thankful because after my auto accident of 8 years ago "they" weren't sure if I'd be able to walk again and thankful because my sweetie Evan has difficulties thanks to a knee replacement and now rheumatoid arthritis! This for a man who's in the construction - or should I say DEstruction - business after giving up a teaching career as band director and choral teacher to rejoin his father in business. (Evan does a fair amount of blasting in the scope of his utility work, therefore the DEstruction comment - teehee) ANYWAY - got lots done and managed to still spend some time in the pool! The water is a little cool (74 - 78 F, which is cool unless you're doing laps) but feels soooo good to my feet and legs.

I've been inspired by some little doll quilts seen on various sites like Calamity Kim's and am itching to get started. In the meantime I'm trying to finish up some quilt postcards - will try to get a pic or two in here. In the meantime, here is something I did on perforated paper whilst bedridden after the above-mentioned wreck. (designed and charted it myself before stitching)
Don't know why the picture came out in the wrong place!! DRAT!!! I do fairly sophisticated IT things at my work with complicated medical software, but I'm a doofus newbie trying to manipulate a blog! Patience, please....
Gratitudes today:
  • the smoke around is from far away and not from nearby fires and heartache
  • my little Carolina wren still sitting on her eggs in my backpack on the porch table!
  • the Canada geese on the big pond who still have their 4 babies (nearly grown)! This is the first time in years the parents have managed to help the babes evade the dreadful snapping turtles who grab the goslings (or baby wood ducks) as they swim behind mommy and daddy! (the goose and gander actually marched them over hill and dale literally between ponds at least 4 times this year)
And, thank you, Covered Porches, for your supportive comments. I'm learning from you and others.
Life is wonderful!









2 comments:

Juliann in WA said...

Welcome to blogland. I love those embroidery seed packets. I saw them in a shop years ago and have a note on my bulletin board to look for them again. Maybe someday. Learning how to use all the gadgets and gizmos on blogger is a journey too. Just have to keep playing with it. Have fun.

Melanie said...

You'll have to post some of your fabric post cards. I'd love to see. My daughter and I love to make handmade traditonal cards too.