Sunday, May 20, 2007

The first step


I've been enjoying a number of blogs lately and just decided to take the plunge myself! I'm interested first in being a woman who pleases God, but I'm also interested in quilting, embroidery, and crafting. Not to mention gardening - or attempting to garden in a small way.


Just to get started, I'm going to attempt to include a picture of part of our front porch, showing a hanging fuschia that was home to a family of Carolina wrens (they raised 2 sets of babies there!) and wishing you could smell the heavenly scent of the mimosa trees. I'll have to take some pictures of needlework stuff, too! Forgot about the light string - much to the dismay of my husband and daughter, I like to leave some of the Christmas lights hanging on the porch because the birds enjoy them so much. The birds will perch on the light strand while deciding which feeder to visit or which flower to visit....even the hummingbirds perch there. I love to watch and listen to the birds...love to heady fragrance of the purple petunias which are a MUST for the porch every year. The red thing is a bench I made several years ago for flowerpots to rest on during their winters in the house. The porch is a wonderful place to let cares and stresses float away on the breeze and let the wonder of God's creation wash over me.


I hope somebody sees this and comes back to check on me!

1 comment:

Claire said...

I love the porch! It looks like a great place for some quite time.