Saturday, April 4, 2009

Done by me a long time ago for my mother...very faded because of having been in a chair that got a lot of sun...but I like having it now because I know how much she loved it for all those years.

Beautiful spring day today with lots of sunshine and birds and burgeoning life everywhere. The lilac even has its clusters of florets beginning to open and already giving out that heady fragrance. I was amazed while mowing this afternoon!


This pillowcase is one I managed to use most of the time as a kid...not sure why I loved it so much other than that Nonnie (my grandmother) had embroidered it, but I did. A good friend who was making pillowcase dolls gave me a naked one for Christmas a few years ago and told me she would dress it with the pillowcase of my choice. So I chose this one! I love it.



This picture of a wedding always hung above my grandmother's bed. At some point from the angle and distance of the side of the bed I saw the 2 black hats as being a tiny black being of some sort and was afraid of it. Isn't it funny how a wrong interpretation of what you see can stay with you?







A little doll that Nonnie painted...she did many of these little jewels. Most were given away, but I have a few of them. Will show more later.

Rough week at work which would jaundice any reporting - so I decided to share some treasures with you.

Have a blessed weekend.

1 comment:

StitchinByTheLake said...

I'm sorry about your week. May the next one be filled with better days. blessings, marlene