Friday, March 6, 2009

Are you tired? At the end of the week? Well, me too! It's been a really rough week with end of month with critical people out and it's deductible time so revenue is hurt and after our beautiful snow it's been warm and springlike which means it's terrible to be cooped up indoors . . . but - as Robert Browning said, "God's in His heaven; all's right with the world." There is so much more to be thankful for than to be annoyed with or discouraged by. Sometimes - like this week - I have to remind myself of that more often than other times, but it's true, nonetheless. These lovelies came from beneath the snow...aren't they pretty? Jonquils have always been just about my favorite, and if they made perfume in that fragrance I'd probably bathe in it! I was so tickled recently to read Marlene's mention of jonquils! (most folks here call them buttercups but I grew up with my mother calling them jonquils) I've been able to enjoy several bouquets of them over the last couple of weeks. They are truly THE harbingers of spring to me.



I've worked on a couple of projects in odd bits of time, always wishing for more time...

pincushions made with teacups from Goodwill @ 49¢ each..don't know if the embroidery's visible on the left one...one of Natalie's birds...

Got the green fabrics for a special project for a special person and then made a few extras...didn't have enough ribbon and had to use something else...typical of me...but I'll figure out something to do with them at some point (having already put the special first one in the mail)


Blessings: beautiful days, DST coming this weekend which means sunshine later in the day!!, a jaunt to the big Nashville Lawn and Garden Show with Beth on Sunday (we'll go up for an early service at church in Nashville and then hit the big show at the Fairgrounds), a sweet and lovely husband who's all for such jaunts

No comments: