Saturday, November 24, 2007

These are the ingredients for a little birthday gift. I purchased and downloaded some images and printed this one on transfer paper. I'll frame the image with the pink and also use it for the back of the small pillow I'm going to make. When I stuff it, I'm going to include some dried lavender that I have left from some sachets I made a couple of years ago for Christmas gifts. It still has lots of fragrance! She's really a pink person, so I hope she'll like it.

Brrrr, it's cold here - 24 degrees! The frost looks like snow and is so pretty. I've got to put out new suet cakes for the birds and refill the feeders. I just wish the wind would die down before I get to those chores - it just seems to blow right through you!

This jumbled mess will (hopefully) turn into a cute little quilt. I found the little Crazy Eights pattern and thought it looked nice and easy and like the perfect thing to use for those bright little fat quarters I bought 2-3 years ago and haven't been able to bring myself to cut. Some of the prints look like they escaped from a 50's kitchen, which is why I like them. I needed 8, so I had to augment with some other 1/4's that looked like they'd fit in. There are precious few seams that need to match, and I like that! Precision is a wonderful thing, but it's nice to be able to just relax and go sometimes, too.
I've got about 6 weeks' worth of stuff to do today on my first Saturday at home in forever. I want to start getting stuff ready for various projects, and one of them is some quilted Christmas postcards. Anyone want to share ideas for such?
The laundry is calling me . . .

Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend with those near and dear to them . . .

2 comments:

Knot Garden said...

I love the fabrics you are using for the Crazy Eights pattern, so retro-looking!
It's nice to see your photo from the Castle Museum in your earlier post. I used to live in York and have visited the Museum many times. I used to spend ages just gazing at the textiles in there.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the DVD e CD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://dvd-e-cd.blogspot.com. A hug.