Sunday, August 12, 2007

Postcards!


Well, here are a few of the stitchery postcards I've been working on. I managed to get a few of them almost done today. Underneath you can kind of see the stamp I've used - from Alpha Stamps - which is ever so much easier and nicer-looking than the postcard back I was printing on fabric from a book with cool images. It's easier because I don't have to fight with trying to position that piece of fabric in addition to trying to position the front and can just get on with things! I'm always trying to use the absolute minimum piece of fabric which can make for some positioning difficulties. It's nicer-looking because I don't have to fiddle with settings and fabric and all that jazz. The quilting is actually quite pathetic - had thread problems and bobbin problems and just went at it rather than try a practice piece first...silly, impatient me! Not to mention no real sense of balance with the whole meandering thing. Ah, well...hopefully the recipients won't mind. I'm planing to work on some ribbon or other edging trim for the next few - the zig-zag looks pretty plain. However, on some of the ones I did a few weeks ago, I used a variegated thread that coordinated with the stitchery thread for the zig-zag and it looked pretty nice. I just failed to get them scanned or photographed. :-(
It's been another extremely hot day today, and the humidity is back up after a day or so of unbelievably low humidity (as in 30% or less). The sun is still beautiful. We saw several young bucks with nice-looking antlers still in the velvet stage. Lots of adolescent turkeys wandering around.
One of the guys form our small church family was invited to speak tonight at the large, downtown congregation....a bunch of us went to support him and the effort....enjoyed a dessert and fellowship feast afterwards....it was really enjoyable to reconnect and visit with folks we used to go to church with...

Blessings and gratitudes:


  • incredible husband

  • incredible daughter and son-in-law who are interested in spiritual things over the popular and socially and culturally surrounding things

  • sunshine

  • health and well-being which are so thankfully present in spite of various aches and pains and disabilities

  • good friends from all tme periods

3 comments:

Melanie said...

OK - You've got me... I'm totally enchanted. I even printed out a photo of these. I love fabric postcards. Small victories-- I call'em because they are quick finishes. I need to make some for "thankyous" for dinner invites over the past month. With the sewing machine in the shop-- I've been using it as an excuse... tonite. It's never too late to say thank you... I'm going to do it!!!

Dannielle said...

Those postcards are wonderful!!!!

The Naturalist's Daughter said...

Your post cards look fantastic!