Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Just can't seem to focus. It's hot and dry. Then stormy with hard downpours...we're thankful for any rain but wish it would rain slowly so all water could soak into the ground instead of running off. However - Evan did find a few ears of corn for us today - they're small but still fairly well filled out with juicy kernels thanks to those last 2 bouts of rain. We really enjoyed them. I've played with cutting out pieces for a Crazy Eights quilt and also tracing some embroidery and words for more quilted postcards - AAACCCKKKK! Meant to scan the last two before sending them off via USPS!! Can't believe I forgot. Again. The ones I just sent had designs from Powdermill by Diane Arthurs. The ones I'm working on now are designed by me with free embroidery traced from Needlecrafter designs and then words of my choosing. Hopefully I'll manage to scan one or two of them before mailing.


Found this applique block when I was hunting a needle - I added little beads after doing the blanket stitch. They look kind of cool. Just something fun to play with. Here's another . . .with no beads . . . yet



Sorry they're so wrinkly - they just got lost in a bag of odds and ends.

Blessings of the day:

my beloved husband and daughter and son-in-law

rain

good friends who asked us to go to Huntsville with them to see a local production of Nunsense - a few years ago, OUR theatre group did it, and I was the Reverend Mother and my friend was Sister Mary Hubert. We had a blast!

3 comments:

~Bren~ said...

Adorable applique and I love the beads! Yes, please scan one of your postcards. i would love to be able to make one. Did you learn from a class or a book?

Melanie said...

I love the blcoks...treasures found!!! You'll have fun with friends...Temps are cooling down here. Today a highh of 72 tomorrow--- 69.

ancient one said...

My first visit to your blog. I have enjoyed my visit... I will return.~ann