Thursday, March 31, 2011

Refuge and Lovingkindness and Joy


"But as for me, I shall sing of Your strength.

Yes, I shall joyfull sing of Your lovingkindness in the morning,

for You have been my stronghold and a refuge in the day of my distress."

Psalm 59:16

God is our refuge. And gives us joy. And I'm so thankful.

The little heart above is one I made for a friend who seemed to need it. It's a little prayer pocket pillow - thanks to an idea from With Heart and Hands. Mine is somewhat smaller than hers and not nearly as cute - but it's okay. The pocket is on the back, and I put a couple of scriptures in it, printed on parchment-looking paper.

Lots of things have been going on . . . business at work still finishing up year-end jobs for 2 separate corporations and dealing with various computer issues (electronic health records and practice management programs require lots of computers to be functioning at any given moment....) AND we're in the throes of preparing for/getting a new phone system. Lots of fun. And it's "sick season" which means lots of patients but also ailing employees or children-of-employees and resultant holes in staff.


I've tried to keep doing a little bit of quilty postcard work and have several folks that I really want to send that special greeting to, but I'm kind of behind. Pretty weather saw us working outside getting our garden relocated (which has meant some major fence-building chores) and moving the chicken house back up the hill so we can get chickens again. TSC has little baby chicks that sound soooo cute peeping, and I can't wait till we can get some!

1 comment:

ancient one said...

Wow... love the sound of spring rain...